Friday 15 July 2016

Kaleido Q&A

Your name: 
Christina Chriss.

Where are you from?
Detroit, MI.

Name of band: 
Kaleido.

Who else is in your band? 
Joey Fava (drums), Ronnie Rosolino (guitar), Jamie Burnham (guitar) & Cody Morales (bass & DJ).

How would you describe yourselves and your music? 
I'm a free spirit. I love using my life experiences to create songs. The music is raw & real. I really love being in a band and putting my head together with my guys to create music that makes people feel something. It's rock music with pop and urban flare.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Guns n Roses, No Doubt, Foo Fighters, Kid Rock, Eminem, Patsy Cline, Madonna .. I could go on and on. Very diverse and the different influences definitely come through in the music we create.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Writing the best songs that stand the test of time and bringing rock music back to the forefront of mainstream pop culture.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
There have been so many incredible opportunities for us it's hard to pick just one highlight. We've toured the US multiple times, opening for bands like Aerosmith, Slash, Sammy Hagar, Kid Rock, Alien Ant Farm (just to name a few). We've worked with a Grammy award winning producer. One of the most touching and memorable moments for me was singing the Star Spangled Banner at the Detroit Tiger's game in front of thousands. What makes it even more special is that it was on my grandfather's 79th birthday (he was a veteran and served in Germany with Elvis Presley in the 50s) and he was there to see it. He recently passed away and I am so thankful to have had that memory with him. He was very proud and supportive of my musical career. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
None!! Every up, every down - has brought me to where I am! I wouldn't change anything! It's my journey. If anything I wish my memory was a bit better and I literally could remember every single second. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
My Rock & Roll. Along the way many people have tried to influence, sway and change our sound. That song is our response. We're taking back our rock & roll. No one can steal that from us.

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?

Unbreakable by Kaleido

Kaleido by Kaleido

No comments:

Post a Comment