Wednesday 18 May 2016

Thomas James Q&A

Your name:
Tom Parrish.

Where are you from?
Manly, Sydney, Australia.

Artist name:
Thomas James.

How would you describe you and your music?
Indie-inspired, alternatively produced folk singer/songwriter. Or alternative indie folk.

Who are your main influences musically?
Matt Corby, James Vincent Mcmorrow, Dry the River.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I haven’t set myself an ultimate goal. As if I get there, the euphoria will expire and I will set myself another goal for the future and will always aspire to be more. And if I don’t get there then I will deem myself a disappointment and curse myself for trying, so rather I am happy with how things are going, and hope for good things to follow.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Playing at Glastonbury 14 with Freddie Vernon and Co was amazing. As far as my solo career goes it would have to be headlining The Fleece in Bristol.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Hmm, that’s a tough question. Embarrassment never killed anyone so I don’t cringe at my past embarrassing moments too much. Most things in the past are best left in the past, otherwise we forget about the task at hand. Though there are things I wish I could un-see, like Hong Kong market place practises.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Probably Crimson Charcoal which hasn’t been released yet. It has delicate instrumentals and a heavy hitting chorus with a message that means a lot to me, and is probably the most real topic of all my songs. The song just came together both when I was writing it and recording it really nicely and how I hoped.

Where can we listen to it? 
The EP is out now and available for listening to on Soundcloud so you can follow me there, or on Facebook.



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
Please do listen it, I’m quite proud of it and would love to share it with you. It has been an exciting and eventful year bringing this EP together so it really means a lot to me when people take the time to listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment