Thursday 19 May 2016

Pete Allan Q&A

Your name: 
Pete Allan

Where are you from?
Noosa Heads, Queensland, Australia.

Who is in your backing band?
A lot of the people I play with are in multiple bands, so it really depends on who's available for a particular show. I'm just really lucky that in my area of the world there are so many great musicians who can help out!

How would you describe yourself musically?
I'm not a "genre" fan because everyone is unique, but I'd say it's a mix of surf rock, roots, blues, live looping, and beatbox rhythms delivered in a singer-songwriter style. Music that can make you dance, and at the same time have you thinking about the message within the song.

Who are your main influences musical or otherwise?
Bob Dylan, Lennon, Paul Kelly, Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, John Butler, Dallas Green are just a few.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Music is how I share my story, or issues I want to talk about, so I'm always grateful to be able to do this. I just want opportunities to continue to do this through live performance and music I release, for as long as I'm able.  

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Big crowds always leave an impression, but it's when a lady came up to me while I played at a market one day, tears streaming down from behind her sunglasses, and told me that a song I had just played had really touched her, because it related to her life at that moment. It's those one on one moments that make it for me, as much as a big crowd would.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I haven't had one yet thankfully.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I recently released Treading Water as a taste of the new EP coming soon. It's a funky tune, but still shares a message within, and that's what I'm all about with my music. 

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
I'd like to thank every person who supports original music, by coming to shows, purchasing music and mercy, and referring me to friends, it's you who make the all possible! Stay tuned for the new EP coming really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment