Tuesday 19 April 2016

Raven Q&A

Your name:
Raven.
                                               
Where are you from?
There’s a myth that, centuries ago, the raven was once white. A fire broke out that threatened all of humanity, and the raven guided us to safety, protecting us from harm and showing us the path to the light. The soot and smoke from the fire left the raven black, however to this day the raven is still humanity's protector and keeper. 
Raven is that warrior inside you who gives you the strength to win your battles. She embodies the struggle of life and helps her followers endure the fight they must win in order to be themselves or to be accepted by others, be it psychological, emotional or spiritual. We are all in this together!

How would you describe your music?
Pop music with a spiritual edge, aka epic tribal victory anthems! I want people to listen to my music and feel strong and capable to tackle life head-on! Going back to musical roots and baring my soul, like people did in ancient times, triggers that in me. I like to incorporate tribal elements in the form of war drums, forgotten instruments, chants, anything that takes the collective memory back to the time of our ancestors when we first crawled out of the mud.

Who are your main influences musically?
Growing up, I surrounded myself with powerful women like Madonna, Annie Lennox (Eurythmics), Cher, ..they inspired me to be strong, sexy, elegant and extravagant!
I've always felt that once you know what you want, you can't stop until you have it, and these women truly embody this. Today I am also inspired by Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Beyonce,…

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I want to bring power back to the people! I want them to blast my music in the car or at home, if it helps them find the motivation to get over a breakup, to come out of the closet, to release their stresses so they can find peace within themselves...to face life head on and take no prisoners. I want to help make your life epic so you can truly live it, before it’s too late!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The release of my debut single Fire Breathing Dragon. To me, it represents the first phase in the transition into the new age. Out with the old, in with the new. I wrote the song after a break-up that made me realise I had been held back for more than a decade. Something had to snap before I was able to move on and reclaim my dreams and purpose. The song has been featured on the radio in Belgium and Monaco, and the video has been viewed almost 20k times in a few weeks. I am building an army of Warriors, and I've never felt more alive.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
There is nothing I want to forget. Everything in my life has made me who I am today and I am thankful for that. It has made me stronger, wiser, and will continue to do so, whatever I encounter. Take my advice: you can forgive, but never forget. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Currently, my debut single Fire Breathing Dragon has been released and the follow-up "Phoenix" is on the way! A full length EP is to be released next year.

Where can we listen to it? 


Where can we find out more about your music?
You can follow me on all socials via the links on my website: www.KingdomOfRaven.com
Join the Warriors and sign up for the newsletter to get exclusive previews and be the first to know about new releases.

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
The time is now to go after your dreams. The only one standing in the way is you! The moment has come to stand up and face your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment