Friday 15 January 2016

The Wicked Mercy Q&A

Your name:
Case Bakker.

Where are you from?
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Name of Band:
The Wicked Mercy.

Who else is in your band:
Dave Nadeau, Mark Sudiacal, Cory Zadorozy & Erik Hertzberg.

How would you describe yourselves:
Dark and greasy with sexy hooks.

What are your main influences musically?:
QOTSA, Clutch, Mastodon.

What do you hope to achieve in music?:
I hope to play for as long as I can and have a large body of work I can be proud of. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Our new album Sundown. We're very proud of this new record and to have the final masters in our hand is a definite highlight. The songs, production and tones we got on this album are surpass any expectations I had when we started this band four years ago.  

What's the moment you want to forget?
Last summer in front of a crowd of 5,000 opening for Mounties I had what our drummer calls a "hot one". The volume knob on my tele flew off mid-song, I could've easily gone without it but used a break on my part in the song to pick it up. I was full of adrenaline and into the show. While I tried to get it I knocked my patch chord out with my foot, while trying to plug it back in I somehow also accidentally knocked Dave's patch chord out of his tuner right in the middle of his solo in one of our songs! I had us both plugged back in and good to go in a few seconds, the crowd was still rockin, but enough to say I'm ready to forget that one!

If you had to pick one song to represent your music, which and why?
I'd pick our new lead single "Fading Fast". It best combines the current elements or our music. Heavy, tight riffs, big hooks with a progressive elements and odd timing in the bridge. 

Where can we listen to it?
https://soundcloud.com/thewickedmercy


How can we find out more about your music?

Anything else about your band music we forgot to ask?
Keep your eyes open for us. We're planning to keep writing and releasing music as long as we can!  We're currently working on new material for a release in the summer of 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment