Friday 29 January 2016

Audio Impulse Q&A

Your name:
Pat Duffy.

Where are you from?
Philadelphia, PA.

Name of band:
Audio Impulse.

Who else is in your band?
Barry Phillips: Lead Vocals/Guitar
Joe Freeman: Drums
Nate Blithe: Lead Guitar/Vocals

How would you describe yourselves?
We’re an all original alt/pop punk rock band based out of the Philadelphia music scene with a sound circa the 90s and early 2000s.

Who are your main influences musically?
For me personally my biggest influences are Thrice, Muse and The Apex Theory, and the classic rock I’ve grown up on. I know for the rest of the guys bands like, The Mars Volta, Jimmy Eat World, Rise Against, Foo Fighters, The Wonder Years and The Smashing Pumpkins are all huge influences.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I’d be lying if I didn’t say we weren’t trying to become a national touring act at the very least, and be at a point where Audio Impulse and music was our only career. I’d like to also think we’re trying to just have fun, have our live performs be somebody’s escape from the doldrums of life, and hopefully inspire other be to just live their lives unapologetically being themselves.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
To date the crowning achievement for me has been opening a show for Alien Ant Farm and Hed PE on their sold out Philly stop. There’s no better feeling than performing on the same stage, on the same night as one of the bands you actually grew up listening to on.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I don’t think there’s a moment I’d care to forget. We have yet to hit any real low moments in our careers yet, and God willing we won’t. That aside, I generally like to think each moment has lead me to exactly where we are today, I like where we are, so there isn’t moment I’d forget. Each moment has helped to teach and guide us to this point.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I’d say it’d be Straight Shot, which is the title track and first single off our EP due out on March 4th. It just has everything we try to make our sound, hard driving guitars, 23 huge vocal harmonies, a high energy feel, and hard hitting drums.

Where can we listen to it?
The official Straight Shot music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=herTNmp-EWc



Where can we find out more about your music?
Official Website: www.AudioImpulseMusic.com

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
I’m pretty sure we covered everything.  You can also check out our first studio release Plug In & Tune Out, which won an Akademia Music Award for best alt rock/hard rock album in November 2015. All that said, thanks for having us and hope to talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment