Wednesday 25 November 2015

Deena Q&A

Picture by Paige Vaughan
Your name: 
Deena Lynch.

Where are you from? 
Brisbane, Australia.

Name of band: 
Deena.

Who else is in your band?
Joe Fallon, Jasper Gundersen and Jack Walton.

How would you describe yourselves and your music? 
Indie blues/rock.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Jeff Buckley, City & Colour, Nick Cave.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
My own version of success where the music can feed itself and take care of me too, not lavishly just comfortably.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Being able to travel with my music. I just wrapped up an Australian tour with my band which would go right up in my highlights list. Touring in countries like Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Taiwan have been full of memorable experiences.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
That time the chair I was sitting on while performing slowly slipped into the cracks of the stage and then I swore loudly into the microphone to a room full of families. I swore twice - once for the fall and the second time because I swore about the fall. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I guess my newly released single Turpentine would best represent my music. It is the most current song and reflects where my band and I are at in terms of how we express, our style and what we want to convey.

Where can we listen to it?
www.soundcloud.com/deenamusic/turpentine



Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?Keep an eye out on my YouTube channel as the Turpentine official video will be launching soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment