Thursday 16 July 2015

Haley Ryan Q&A

Your name: 
Haley Ryan.

Where are you from? 
I was originally born in West Yorkshire but due to my dad's (and then my own) military career I spent most of my life moving around. I have now settled in Staffordshire though.

Who else is in your band?
Although I am a solo artist, I do have a regular guitarist that I perform with called James Shuff.

How would you describe yourselves and your music? 
To be honest, I am still experimenting and trying to find my own personal style so there is no definitive answer, I consider myself as a country artist but I also like to take inspiration from blues, pop and soft rock.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Wow, there are far too many to mention but at the moment I listen to quite a lot of UK country artists like Dexeter, The Shires, Acoustic Journey and Sasha McVeigh so I guess they would have a big influence but other influences would include Striking Matches, The Band Perry, The Wreckers, Faith Hill and Kacey Musgraves.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Success... Music is something that is a big part of my life and I love that fact that no matter how I am feeling there is always a song that I can relate to. For that reason, I enjoy listening to music but I enjoy writing and creating music even more so as long as others are enjoying it and relating to it I guess that's all that matters.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
The biggest thing would have been when I was 15 and got to work with a fantastic songwriter and record my own song for the first time as that was the moment I realised how important music is to me but this year has also been amazing so far. I have an amazing agent, I am focusing more on writing my own music instead of performing covers and I have booked a few festivals so I am now just looking forward to seeing where my journey takes me next.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I don't think there is any moments that I would like to forget as it is all a learning curve, mistakes need to be made in order to grow both as a person and as an artist.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Each one of my songs represents a different story, a time in my life that has meant something to me so in that respect I guess it's like asking a parent to choose their favourite child, lol. That said, I guess I would have to say the one I love performing the most is Silent Tears as it is inspired by my sister when she lost her son so comes from quite an emotional place. I've performed it a few times in public now and each time it has brought a tear to someone's eye so it's good to know that people can relate to it.

Where can we listen to it? 
I am planning on recording an EP towards the ending of the year but a live recording is available https://soundcloud.com/haley-ryan-music/silent-tears


Where can we find out more about your music?


No comments:

Post a Comment