Thursday 26 February 2015

Selina Q&A

Your name:
Selina.

Where are you from?
London.

Name of band:
I'm a solo act but I regularly perform with a number of musicians either in a band or an acoustic duo.

Who else is in your band?
The other musicians I work with most are Adam Leaver (Guitar and Production), Terri Ohta (Drums), Benjamin Tan (Bass) and Shutaro Tsujimoto (Guitar). I have also performed with Yuma Imaoka (Guitar) in Tokyo.

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I often find it difficult to describe my music as I incorporate lots of different styles. I write a mixture of rock and pop songs in both English and Japanese and like to experiment with other styles also.

Who are your main influences musically?
I have a really wide range of influences from classical to jazz to metal but I guess I draw my influences mainly from alternative rock and j rock. I like to discover new music through anime theme songs quite often and I guess my interest in this can influence my music also.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I love bands that try fusing different styles and make music more accessible to new fans. I hope to achieve something similar with my music in time. I also am travelling out to Japan this summer to study Japanese properly and hope that this will allow me to write more music in Japanese and communicate with my Japanese listeners with a greater degree of fluency.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
My "career" is still relatively fresh and therefore I don't know that I've had that many experiences. However, playing live and having people come up to be afterwards asking for an EP and saying they support me is really what makes all the hard work worthwhile ^_^

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I'm not sure that I've had any experiences in particular that I'd want to forget. Even those that have been difficult or stressful have resulted in me learning new things.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Right now, I have two releases and I guess I would recommend people have a listen of my most recent single, Requiem. This was released in both Japanese and English, which in itself is something I'm quite proud of.

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
I will have a new single out on March 25th called 'Queen of Illusion' and later this year, I'm hoping to release my first full album so please like and follow to keep up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment