Monday 19 January 2015

Saint and The Queens Q&A

Your name: 
I'm Ivo Vieytes.

Where are you from? 
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Name of band: 
Saint And The Queens

Who else is in your band? 
It's actually a pop solo act, so it's just me.

How would you describe yourself?  
A broken heart that sings to ease the pain, and at the same time, tries to take the listener on a journey with background music. 

Who are your main influences musically?  
Right now my main influences are Lana Del Rey, Marina And The Diamonds and some old school Charli XCX. But I'm already working on some lyrics for my second album and the influences are actually different, and that is what I plan to do, always change the style from album to album without leaving the essence of Saint And The Queens. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?  
I want to be heard. Not famous, I just want to know that people listened or are listening to me. And if they can relate to my songs, then that makes it so much better. You know, my songs are all about experiences and feelings, and I'm sure we've all experienced them sometime in our lives, and to know that someone actually relates to any of them, that would make me happy.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
Well, I've just started (kind of), and I'm actually gladly surprised by the amount of support I have received from different people, not just my friends and family, but from completely strangers, and I'm really thankful for that.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?  
Hmm... I don't know if I want to forget any moment, or at least not musically. I've had different stage names before being Saint And The Queens, and though I look at the past and don't like some of them, I think that without them I wouldn't be here right now. I remember that when I first started, my songs were actually horrible and had no sense at all. But looking at my progress right now, it's kind of impressive. I don't really want to forget that. The past shapes us, but it doesn't define us.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?  
I think right now, that song would be Paradise. It's maybe the most important song in my album and it's exactly what I wanted to say and how I wanted it to sound. Paradise is Saint And The Queens. 

Where can we listen to it? 


Where can we find out more about your music? 
Well you can follow me on:

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?  
The official video for "Die, Darling", the first single of my album, is out now and my debut album "Is This Paradise?" will be out on January 23rd. I'm pretty excited for it, so I hope you all like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment