Tuesday 9 December 2014

Thy Veils Q&A

Your name:
Daniel Dorobantu.

Where are you from?
Timisoara, Romania.

Name of band:
Thy Veils.

Who else is in your band?
Manuela Marches (voice), Ana Telea (guitar) and Radu Pieloiu (drums, percussion). 

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I am a person with a constant interest and curiosity towards the nature of reality, the Universe and everything, using mainly music, photography and video art as main tools for exploration.

Who are your main influences musically?
Byzantine chants and the sound of church bells because these were the main elements of the sonic environment in the first years of my life. Then, I think the music that impressed me the most in the following years left a solid mark: Dead Can Dance, Philip Glass, Brian Eno, The Cure.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Increase the sense of awe that the process of being inspired generates.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
It was Thy Veils’ concert last September in our hometown. The location, our performance, the lights, video projections, collaborator & public, everything worked together, in excellent harmony, fulfilling the sense of “coming full circle” that defined this whole year. A life-changing experience for me.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
If there was something, I don’t remember it.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
It is Thy Veils’ Adâncime (live in the ballet room), and it includes everything I love about what we are doing right now.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
I am always interested in knowing where other people travel in their minds or what they experience when they listen to Thy Veils so I use the opportunity to invite anyone in sharing their excursions with us. Thank you Greg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment