Monday 22 December 2014

Sirens & Shelter Q&A

Your name:
Scott.

Where are you from?
Kent, England.

Name of band:
Sirens & Shelter.

Who else is in your band?
It’s just me.

How would you describe yourself and your music?
I’m just a guy who likes writing songs. It helps me keep my head clear. I’m also not brilliant at interviews.

Who are your main influences musically?
Mike Kinsella, Copeland, Evan Weiss (Into it. Over It), Sam Duckworth (GetCapeWearCapeFly), Kevin Devine.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I’ve never really given it much thought. The idea that my songs might help someone out is cool… Whether that’s distraction on a morning commute, or cheering someone up who’s having a shit time, or if it gets someone out of the house to a show for a beer – that’d be great.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I’ve had the opportunity to release and EP and an album through Engineer Records and Desert Pearl Union Records, which I’m really proud of. Played loads of shows all over the place and made some amazing friends.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
It’s like anything really – you only ever really remember the good bits. Saying that; playing 14 straight nights with some sort of throat infection wasn’t the smartest thing I’ve ever done.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
The title track from my album, Through The War. The song closes the record and has a bit of everything – hooks, cool chord progressions, interesting instrumentation and it’s really honest lyrically. I also recorded the vocals in a horrible corridor, which gives them a raw feel.

Where can we listen to it? 
You can listen to the whole album for free here:

Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
I think everything mentioned above is enough to get you started. Oh, I’m releasing a new album in Spring 2015 called Maybe You Should. If you like what you hear, check that out too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment