Tuesday 18 November 2014

Robert J Hunter Q&A

Your name: 
Robert J. Hunter.

Where are you from? 
Alderney, Channel Islands. Now living in London.

Name of band:
Robert J. Hunter.

Who else is in your band?
I also perform accompanied by the fantastic Greg Sheffield, James Le Huray and Matthew Taylor.

How would you describe yourselves? 
Filthy melancholy blues.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Tom Waits, Howling’ Wolf, Alex Harvey, John Martyn, Wilko Johnson.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
For my music to relate to people in the same way it does to me and to continue to do what I love, to perform.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Recording my debut album, 'Songs for the Weary' which will be out 10th February 2015.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
That’s for the songs to tell.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I’d have to say ‘Demons'. It captures a story perfect whilst still being pure filth. 

Where can we listen to it? 
It’ll be out in the next couple of months on robertjhunter.co.uk

Where can we find out more about your music? 

No comments:

Post a Comment