Monday 26 May 2014

The Coppertone is back with EP

BLUES rocker The Coppertone releases her EP The Bakery today.

It is her first album since her break and subsequent campaign to regain control of her music from her old label.

It's been two years since she put out a record or played a live show, during which time Amanda - aka Red - says she has written more than 200 songs.

She told RealSoundsOK: "My fans helped liberate me to really start again, there are not many chances in life when we are so blessed.

"I knew I needed to honour them and honour myself. It took a lot of strength to stop, sit in that stillness and really process everything that had just happened in order to figure out the next right step forward.

"I made a lot of changes for the integrity of my art. Changes that took time, which included leaving my former label and starting back up from scratch. One woman, one step at a time.

"The Bakery is my triumphant return. It's about integrity, art and authenticity."

You can listen to the EP below and for more information visit thecoppertone.com or find her on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment