Tuesday 29 April 2014

Serafia Q&A

Your name:
Serafia (pronounced Sir-Raw-Fee-Yuh).

Where are you from?
I live in Austin, Texas, but am from Monterey, CA – Cali girl for life!
  
How would you describe yourself?
I describe my sound as strong, soulful and pioneering….You can hear that I am a junkie for the classics, but I’ve re-created what I love about old music into my own unique “modern” sound. If Donna Summer, Sade, Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey and the Eurythmics had an orgy and created a musical love child out of it – that would be me! Hahaha

Who are your main influences musically?
My main influences are across the board from Aretha Franklin, to Queen to Ella Fitzgerald to Donna Summer to Prince – I’m inspired by the classics – the giants. People that created their own sound and became legends for it. This is what I want to do with my music.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
(See Above).

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight of my career so far, was when I heard my voice on national television for singing and co-writing the theme song to a show on the Style Network called, Empire Girls. It aired in the US and South Africa in the summer of 2012 and into 2013. You can still catch the show on Netflix!

And what’s the moment you want to forget?

Non, je ne regrette rien! – No regrets!


If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
My debut single, Touching My Soul along with the music video represents exactly who I am as an artist. I’m a risk taker. I like to think of myself as a musical pioneer. I think the song and the video is just that. Pioneering. I think I really created something artistically new with this one.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music? 
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/touching-my-soul-ep/id785103950

No comments:

Post a Comment