Wednesday 30 April 2014

Paul Sammons and The Leveler's Apprentice Q&A

Your name: 
Paul Sammons.

Where are you from? 
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA.

Name of band: 
Paul Sammons & The Leveler's Apprentice.

How would you describe yourself? 
I view myself as an artist for social change and justice. I craft culture in my local community and bring about awareness on issues concerning my people. 

Who are your main influences musically? 
Nirvana, Radiohead, Postal Service, Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie, Leadbelly, Robert Johnson, & Sun House.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Food, shelter, bills, and social reform. 

What has been the highlight of your career thus far and why? 
Performing coast to coast in the United States and acquiring the means of production and the skills to use a state of the art music studio. In my travels I have become well versed in American "worker" culture, and am now able to produce art and music from the songs to the final product.

And what's the moment you want to forget? 
I would like to forget the numerous  musicians who are in it for themselves and for fame and fortune who I have helped along the way.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
My new E.P. starting with "A Lifetime Ago" are my most resent releases and are of the highest quality. These songs represent where I am now as an artist!

Where can we listen to it?  


Where can we find out more about your music? 
Twitter- @sammonsmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment