Thursday 23 January 2014

Nick Tann Q&A

Your name: 
Nick Tann.

Where are you from? 
Originally London but now in Eastleigh, Hampshire, just the other side of Winchester.

How would you describe yourself? 
A jobbing solo singer-songwriter and performer.

Who are your main influences musically?  
If you can imagine John Martyn, Sting and Elvis Costello jamming with Union Station and Jeff Buckley, then you can get a sense of where I'm coming from.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
To earn more money that my wife!

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Just before Xmas I performed at The Slaughtered Lamb in Clerkenwell and it was the most perfect gig. A nice full space full of people hearing my music for the first time and they got me. I managed to keep their full attention for 40 minutes. Signed most of them up to my mailing list and sold a bunch of CDs. I have played to bigger audiences and on bigger stages but  the fact that I could see every face and every ear on me was quite magical. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
There have been a few dodgy pub gigs in my past that I am trying hard to forget. People wanting covers....*shudders*

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I am first and foremost a songwriter and as such I write in may styles and genres. I think the tracks on my Electronic Press Kit probably best represent my live set best. I have brand new tune as yet unrecorded that will be part of my new album that I am recording next month (February). This is the antithesis of where I am now but you'll have to wait a month or two for that. It's called You Never Did Me Wrong.

Where can we listen to it? 
I thought you'd never ask! http://nicktann.co.uk/electronic-press-kit/

Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
"So Nick, tell me about your Home Concerts, your forthcoming album, your European tour, your famous music podcast, your online gigs, your monthly showcase in Winchester and how are your chickens?" Its all on my website as well as in my fortnightly newsletter http://eepurl.com/eCJ-Q
I am always on the lookout for new artists to play on my podcast, the link is http://isthisthingonpodcast.com/how-to-submit-your-tracks-to-the-podcast/


No comments:

Post a Comment