Friday 31 May 2013

Jason Terry goes back to his roots

COUNTRY artist Jason Terry has taken something of a new direction with his latest single If You Don't Like This.

Jason, from East Tennessee, said: "When I decided to go back into the studio to release the new single, I wanted to truly represent my country roots and connect with people that are just like me … hard working country folks that like to sling mud, crank up country music, and are proud of where they come from. 

"When people that didn’t grow up or aren’t living in the country listen to the song, I hope that it paints a picture of how we live."

Jason was raised on country music and always dreamed of pursuing a career as a singer/songwriter.

He released a self-produced Christian/inspirational album entitled The Way in 2008 and then set his sights on Nashville and making himself a name on the country music scene.

"I was raised on country music and that is what feels natural to me," he said. "I am very excited about what the future holds and I'm ready to hang on tight and enjoy this crazy ride! I have been fortunate enough to share the stage with some of Nashville's most talented singers and songwriters.”

Jason's debut EP Where I Belong in 2011 showed his diversity in the genre from the traditional ballad Where I Belong to the rocking What Makes Me Whole.

Now he is taking another approach. He said: "It's been a long, crazy road to get to where I am today and it is just the beginning."

You can find out more about Jason at http://www.jasonterrymusic.com/ and you can view the video to If You Don't Like This below.

No comments:

Post a Comment