Saturday 26 January 2013

Exile Parade Q&A


Your name:  
Lomax (singer).

Where are you from?
Warrington, UK.

Name of band:
Exile Parade.

Who else is in your band?
Dave, Phil, Mutchy and Chris.

How would you describe yourselves? 
Magnificently handsome, I’d say typically northern lads who write untypically northern music.  When we get it right no one’s better live.

Who are your main influences musically?
We’ve been going a while now so our main influences in music right now are polar opposite in a lot of ways to  two years ago for example but they all tie in. It’s like a fucking huge mural you build in your head. Grinder Man are big in our conscience right now, the Fall, in particular their tune Blindness, we became instantly obsessed with it while driving round Holland in the van, it’s like our mantra for how everything should sound, like it’s been dug up. The Kills, Horrors, Dylan, My Bloody Valentine are what drives the others when they write these days. Richard Ashcroft, Mick Jagger, Sam Cooke, Ian Brown, Kurt Cobain and Liam Gallagher made me a frontman.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Good question that, I hope to look back on a life and feel like I’ve left something worthwhile behind. Short term I know me and the others want nothing more than to record,  whatever happens that’s all we care about right now is getting it all out.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
It’s when Owen Morris came to see us with Bonehead in de bees Winsford, Oasis undoubtedly changed my life when I was a young teenager; I completely believed it was possible to get somewhere in life by joining a band, when we were sorting out recording dates after the gig it was proof I was right and its fucking insane that we spent those weeks with him making our records.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I hope I don’t forget any of them.

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why?
I’d choose ‘Alcohol’ it’s a simple tale of truths, sounds class.

Where can we listen to it?  




Where can we find out more about your music?

No comments:

Post a Comment